This recipe is from David Rice from the Kinsale Gourmet Academy. Enjoy it with a nice cold beer.
BBQ Smoked Beer Chicken, Caesar Salad, Pancetta, Sweet Potatoes, Parmesan. Ingredients Serves 4
- 1 whole chicken 1200g
- 4 heads baby gem lettuce washed and picked
- 150ml mayo
- 4 slices pancetta
- 2 slices of sourdough
- 4 cloves garlic
- 50g butter
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 can beer
- 50g grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Wood chips soaked
- Set up BBQ for indirect heat and bring it to a temperature of 180C.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in tinfoil and place over direct heat.
- Pour the beer into the poultry roaster and place the chicken on top of the roaster.
- Chop the thyme and mix with butter and rub into the chicken, then season the chicken and place into the BBQ and cook until its 75c in the centre of the breast, which will take about 1 hour.
- When the chicken goes in add the wood chips to the coals and place the garlic cloves in the poultry roaster.
- When the chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked remove from the heat and leave to rest for 10 mins.
- Crisp up the pancetta and sourdough on the BBQ.
- To make the dressing mix together the cooked garlic cloves, parmesan and mayo.
- Whisk in some of the resting juices of the chicken to thin out the sauce.
- Scatter the salad leaves over the platter, drizzle on dressing, tear up the sweet potatoes, break up the pancetta and sourdough.
- Finally carve the chicken and lay it around the platter.