Over the years I have found if I rush my work I am prone to making silly mistakes.
So I slow down and review what I have done to make sure it looks right.
A quick test for you:
You have just five seconds to answer these simple questions:
- What do cows drink?
- What’s the opposite of ‘not in’?
- How much dirt is in a hole measuring two metres squared, and three metres deep?
- What weighs more – a ton of concrete or a ton of feathers?
- How many of each animal did Moses take onto the Ark?
And the answers:
- Water, not milk
- ‘In’, not ‘out’
- None – it’s an empty hole
- The same – they weigh a ton each
- He didn’t. It was Noah.
How many did you get correct?
Not all I’d guess because you were rushing.
So slow down.
A final 10 second test to see if you have slowed down enough
How many letter Fs are in this sentence … Fifty florins for a flagon of fluff Fred?
How many did you see? Five or Six?
There are ten.
So slow down more and get it right first time.