It is summertime so let’s lighten the mood.
Chartered Accountants Ireland recently hosted an online BBQ event with David Rice from the Kinsale Gourmet Academy taking us through how to get the most out of our barbeques. It was the best educational session for some time! This is his ribeye sandwich recipe.
BBQ Ribeye Sourdough Sandwich, Charred Pepper, Rocket, Harissa Aioli, Burnt Onions.
Ingredients Serves 2
- 200g ribeye steak
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 2 roasted red peppers (buy in jar)
- 50g rocket
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 80g mayo
- 1 Spanish onion, cut in rings
- Smoked salt
- Set your BBQ up for direct cooking on a high heat of 250c.
- Place your peppers and sliced onions over indirect heat and char on all sides for 4-5 minutes, while your steak is cooking.
- Season your steaks, with smoked salt and oil and place on direct heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides, remove from grill and leave to rest with the peppers and onions.
- Mix the harissa with the mayo and add in resting juices from steak.
- Toast the sourdough on the grill to add colour.
- Slice the steak into strips and assemble your sandwich, with the aioli, rocket, onion and roast peppers.