The following tips might help you improve your daily productivity. If you have any suggestions please forward them to us for inclusion here.
- Get up early. Early risers tend to have a more proactive and productive mind set.
- List tasks. Decide what your more important tasks are and do them first.
- Batch tasks. If you batch tasks of a similar type together you can complete them quicker and more efficiently. Every time the brain switches tasks it can take up to twenty five minutes to get up to speed.
- Planning meetings. Batch meetings together if you can and keep some days meeting free. Hold meetings when you have low energy.
- Email response. Emails can be difficult and time consuming to write if they require a delicate approach. Maybe a telephone conversation or face-to-face meeting might be quicker and have a better result.
- Blue sky thinking. If you need to generate creative thinking get away from your desk and all distractions and use pen and paper to note your ideas.
- Eat properly. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so eat it.
- Desk tidy. If your desk is cluttered you cannot work productively. Take a few minutes at the end of every day to organise your desk for the following day.
- A positive outlook. A positive outlook can make a huge difference. Examine your work environment and remove any negativity that is dragging you down and find simple ways that will help you enjoy your job better and be more positive.
- Say no. If colleagues are trying to put the monkey on your back refuse it by saying NO.
See also: The Benefits of a Focused Business Plan