Would you like to see the time in the corner of every PowerPoint slide so that you don’t have to check your watch during a presentation?
I came across this tip recently which you may find useful.
It varies slightly with different versions of PowerPoint, but the concepts are the same:
- Click the Insert tab at the top
- Click the “Text Box” in the middle
- Click the place on the slide where you want the time to go
- Click the Insert tab at the top again
- Click the “Date & Time” in the middle
- Choose one of the formats at the bottom
- Click the checkbox “Update automatically”
That box will now contain the current time as you are doing the PowerPoint slideshow.
A few other helpful tips:
- It doesn’t always work as there are some random times when it won’t update
- You can change the font, size or colour of the text box using standard PowerPoint techniques
- You can copy it from one slide and paste it to another, and it will work on the new slide
- If you put it in slide master, it will show up on every new slide.
Hope you find this useful.