Two additional Covid-19 supports were recently announced.
Business Resumption Support Scheme (BRSS)
From 1 September 2021 businesses who qualify for BRSS will be entitled to a one-off payment capped at a maximum of €15,000.
Criteria to qualify:
- In general terms businesses must demonstrate their turnover in the period 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021 is down by 75% compared to the calendar year 2019 (for businesses who commenced in 2019 or before).
- If your business commenced before 26 August 2020 then you may still qualify but any business which commenced after 26 August 2020 will not qualify.
- The business must be in possession of a tax clearance certificate.
- The business must be trading at 1 September in order to make a claim.
- The business must no longer be claiming from the Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS).
Calculation of payment amount:
The one-off payment will be equal to the following:
- 10% of average weekly turnover for 2019 up to €20,000.
- 5% of any excess average weekly turnover above €20,000.
- Add the above together and multiply by 3.
- Payment is maxed at €15,000.
All claims can be made on ROS now.
All businesses that avail of the scheme will be listed on the Revenue’s website.
Music and Entertainment Business Assistance Scheme (MEBAS)
This scheme is a targeted support for businesses operating solely in the live entertainment sector that do not qualify for other business supports and have been significantly impacted by restrictions introduced to combat the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Grants will be paid to successful applicants as a contribution to the businesses costs.
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2021.
There are detailed qualification criteria to be met to qualify for the scheme.
The scheme is administered by the Department of Tourism Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media. Applications may be made using the link to the online application system on the Department’s MEBAS webpage.
The scheme will operate with a limited fund of €14 million. Applications will be considered strictly by order of date and time of receipt.
Support is offered by way of three levels of once-off flat payments:
- Strand A – €2,500 for businesses with a VAT-exclusive turnover of €20,000 – €50,000 with minimum business costs of €3,000 incurred from 1 April 2020 to 31 May 2021.
- Strand B – €4,000 for businesses with a VAT-exclusive turnover of €50,001- €100,000 with minimum business costs of €6,000 from 1 April 2020 to 31 May 2021.
- Strand C – €5,000 for businesses with VAT-exclusive turnover in excess of €100,000 with minimum business costs of €7,500 from 1 April 2020 to 31 May 2021.