Are you striving to improve your efficiency and ultimately your productivity?
Here are ideas to become more efficient:
- Set clear goals which you should review regularly to ensure you are taking steps towards achieving them each day.
- Focus on the tasks to be finished rather than completion hours. Set a rough estimate for each task and stick to it as this will help you to be disciplined.
- Delegate or outsource the work you are overqualified to do.
- Plan your day and stick to it which may mean ignoring emails and calls which you should reschedule when suits you.
- Reduce distractions by turning off notifications for messages, updates and emails.
- Use an online diary booking system so meetings with you can be arranged more efficiently.
- Stop reinventing the wheel so when you come up with a good work process make sure to document it fully to use it again later.
- Knowledge share with your team as this will help everyone to learn and develop.
- Always apply the proverb “measure twice, cut once” so clarify what tasks need to be done before doing them to avoid errors and time wasting.
- Keep your desk and computer files organised as this will reduce time spent looking for documents.
- Use a note taking app such as Evernote or Trello.
- Take regular breaks to give your brain a chance to recover so schedule breaks every day.
- Make use of your commute by listening to relevant podcasts or audio books.
- Schedule weekly review time to enable you to focus on developing your business whether alone or with the help of an advisor.
- Take immediate and decisive action.