The two main reasons for customer loss are customers feeling poorly treated and failure to solve problems in a timely manner. Your customers won’t love you if you give poor service but your competitors will!
- The probability of selling to an existing customer is between 60% and 70% while the probability of selling to a new customer is between 5% and 20%.
- It is 6 to 7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep a current one.
- 80% of companies say they deliver superior customer service while only 8% of people think these same companies deliver superior customer service.
- 90% of Americans would pay more to ensure a superior customer experience.
- 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated.
- 78% of consumers have not made an intended purchase because of poor service experience.
- 91% of unhappy customers will not willingly do business with you again.
- It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience.
Customers remember the service a lot longer than they remember the price so always do more than what is required of you.
Related Article: Developing Customer Loyalty