For over 20 years we have engaged the services of Parfrey Murphy (Chartered Accountants) to act as the external payroll provider to our Irish (HQ) operation…. In that period I can attest to Carbery having received an excellent service…. We have no hesitation in recommending Parfrey Murphy as payroll service providers.Colm Leen
Since 2006 we have outsourced our entire accounting function for our 3 locations in Ireland to Parfrey Murphy….We are delighted that we selected PM to carry out the above work…. They are extremely professional…. I would, without hesitation, recommend Parfrey Murphy to any potential outsourcing client.Jackie Gorman
We would like to thank Parfrey Murphy for providing us with invaluable information and assistance in the organisation of our tax returns…Dermot Harrington
I first engaged Parfrey Murphy as my accountants in 2008. This has proven to be extremely helpful to my business. From carrying out my annual accounts and a number of other services during the year they have been both proficient and professional at all timesAndrew Mackin
Corporate and Business Taxes
Our experience Tax Consultant team can provide you with a range of services that will help you to minimise your corporate tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation.
We provide specialist tax advice and services for:
1. Corporation tax
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business.
- Taking full advantage of credits, tax opportunities, exemptions and reliefs and capital allowances to improve your bottom line.
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment.
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry.
- Acting for you in discussions with the Revenue Commissioners.
- Minimisation of the corporation tax charge and the close company surcharge.
- The use of double taxation agreement reliefs for international companies.
- The timely payment and filing of corporation tax and corporation tax returns.
2. Private companies
- The implementation of group corporate structures to maximise available tax reliefs.
- The reorganisation of existing group corporate structures for commercial, family or tax driven reasons.
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising reliefs on acquisitions.
3. Business disposal
- The most tax efficient means of structuring a business sale to reduce capital gains tax.
- Disposal of the shares versus the assets of a company.
- The VAT implications on disposal of the assets of a business.
- Tax reliefs available on the disposal of the shares or in extracting cash from a company in the event of an asset disposal.
- Passing on a portion of the proceeds to the next generation, family members or any other individuals in a tax efficient manner.
4. Company directors and shareholders
- Annual salary planning to ensure maximum tax efficient salaries are extracted.
- The implementation of mileage and subsistence schemes and the most tax efficient method of vehicle ownership or use.
- Tax efficient extraction of cash from private companies in the medium term.
- Pension planning via the private company to maximise the funds available to the company director on retirement.
- The use of retirement funding for the tax efficient purchase of property.
- Retirement strategies to ensure the company director/shareholder can extract maximum cash from the company tax free when partially or fully retiring, which can be achieved in unison with passing on the business to the next generation.
5. Employee incentive schemes
- Share incentive schemes, share option schemes, approved profit sharing schemes and restricted stock units.
6. Revenue audits
- The review of books and records for potential problems prior to Revenue audit.
- The preparation of voluntary disclosure submissions.
- Negotiations and settlements with the Revenue Commissioners.
- Representation at Revenue Commissioners Appeal Hearings.
- Assistance with VAT registration.
- Advice on VAT planning and administration.
- Use of the most appropriate VAT scheme.
- VAT control and reconciliation.
- Completing and filing VAT returns.
- Planning to minimise future problems with the Revenue Commissioners.
- Negotiations and settlements of disputes with the Revenue Commissioners.
- Group VAT registration.
8. Corporate presence in Ireland or abroad
- The most suitable corporate structure to use when commencing a business in Ireland or abroad.
- The tax implications of setting up a branch or limited company in Ireland or abroad.
- Avoiding a permanent establishment when trading in countries with a higher corporation tax rate than Ireland.
9. Tax fees protection
- Protection for you and your business from our professional fees arising from a Revenue audit.
Related Article: Personal Taxes
Please call Seamus Parfrey today on 021-4310266 for further information on our tax advisor or tax consultant services or to arrange a free consultation.