Significant savings can be made if you examine your utility usage and costs. Cost reduction ideas include:
- Offer incentives to staff for energy saving ideas
- Reduce the temperature setting on thermostats over the winter months and with air conditioning increase during the summer months.
- Install time clocks to control lighting, air conditioning and heating systems.
- Have staff power off computers when they leave their desks by using a specially installed off/on button.
- Have staff turn off fluorescent lights when they leave a room for more than 15 minutes and incandescent lights if gone for more than 3 minutes.
- Have employees turn off all equipment at the end of every day which will save power and extend equipment life.
- Replace standard fluorescent and incandescent lights with high efficiency fluorescent lights which give the same light output but at significantly reduced cost.
- Wherever possible reduce bulb wattage.
- Bring lighting down to appropriate levels in south facing offices and lesser used rooms including storage and common areas.
- Appoint a specialist to review your utility bills.
Please call me on 021-4310266 if you want assistance or a referral to a specialist who can help you reduce your costs.